Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Can I interchange the two different wireless minicards between two Dell Inspirons?

I have a broken Inspiron 1750 which has an Intel WiFi Link 5100 in it and am buying a new Inspiron 1750 which comes with the Dell Wireless 1397 Mini Card. Since I already have the faster one I really do not want to spend the extra money to get it again.



Is there any way once I have the new Inspiron to exchange the two cards?Can I interchange the two different wireless minicards between two Dell Inspirons?Yes, It can be done. It's not needed to do it, because you can disable the Mini card, and install the Intel in the same slot as it was in your old PC.

But if you want to get rid of the Mini card, here is.

Just be sure that you have the required tools: screwdriver and anti-static wrist-mat, and that you are not voiding any warranty.



The process is simple and is documented here:



http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/sy鈥?/a>



Special advise: Before opening apart your computer, download the required driver for the Intel wi-fi adapter.



Good luck.Can I interchange the two different wireless minicards between two Dell Inspirons?Install the additional card on the new dell, disable the one you don't want to use (in Device Manager), and only use the one that you do want.Can I interchange the two different wireless minicards between two Dell Inspirons?The shapes are different so, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment