Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How can I get the scrollpad to work on my Dell Insiron 6000 after upgrading to Windows Vista?

I've downloaded the drivers I can get from Dell's website and the scrollpad still does not work. Any advice? Thanks.How can I get the scrollpad to work on my Dell Insiron 6000 after upgrading to Windows Vista?This is outside of what I normally would answer, and also please be aware that this is provided to you "as is" and tried "at your own risk". I do not think this will do anything bad (it will either work, or not install), but want to warn you as it may cause the system to crash. The reason this is not a guaranteed fix is because the Inspiron 6000 only shipped with the option for XP and not Vista.



Since the system is calling for an Alps driver I would suggest trying a driver from another system with similar hardware that also has Vista drivers. Here is a link to a driver that could work: http://support.dell.com/support/download鈥?/a> Again please note this is not something I have personally tried.



I hope this helps.How can I get the scrollpad to work on my Dell Insiron 6000 after upgrading to Windows Vista?hi there.

upon checking on the dell website, i found out there's no option for windows vista OS. it only has windows XP. so what you downloaded over their website is not the driver for vista OS. (might work or not that i don't know for sure but i would say the driver you probably downloaded is for XP OS only). hope that clears out something.

i suggest you might wanna contact dell regarding that issue.



best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment