Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How can I get rid of ghost image on my dell computer?

I have a problem I have ghost image on my dell laptop so my pc has been partitioned. The first partition (13GB) contains the operating system. The second partition (24 GB) contains a ghost image how can get rid of ghost so my pc can run on one whole partition to give me a little more speed.How can I get rid of ghost image on my dell computer?I don't know why you're referring to it as a ghost partition, but Dell has probably set aside that space for some reason. Also your values don't make any sense: a 13GB primary partition? Either you mistyped that or your hard drive is failing in a big way. And finally, extending your primary partition won't give you a little more speed at all. If anything, increasing the size of the file allocation table will slightly slow down your access times. Where you got this idea I don't know.



If you want to delete a partition you can download an external utility which will give you great control, or you can just use the features built into Windows. I'm assuming you're running Windows, you failed to indicate.



Right-click My Computer and select Manage. Select the Disk Management section. From here you can edit partitions, but I warn you, this is not the sort of thing beginners should be doing. Make sure you know what you're doing before you go deleting partitions, or you'll make a serious mess of your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment