Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How do I get my keyboard on my dell latitude c600 to work properly?

I bought a used dell latitude laptop, but it didn't come with any user guides. I noticed a function key and so far it only works with the suspend key. It won't work for volume or display brightness. It worked when I used it the first few times. I must have hit a button that made it stop working. Can any one tell me what I might have done to my keyboard?

Also, the track stick in the middle of the keyboard, I'm suppose to be able to just tap it and it recognize that as a click, it worked the first few times, now the tapping doesn't work.



Another thing, I went into the keyboard set up to try to setup my Dell AccessDirect Key, but when I go into keyboard setup there is no Dell AcccessDirect Key.



What should I do? Could it be that Windows XP is not recognizing the correct keyboard or track stick? Should I try to reinstall a driver for the keyboard, if so , how?How do I get my keyboard on my dell latitude c600 to work properly?Hi, in this page you can find the documentation of your Dell Latitude C600: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latc600/

The track stick is never click-able, it is not a button.

About the keyboard drivers, you should check this page: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latc600/en/ug/drivers.htm

Or, if you not have the support disks, enter to http://support.dell.com/ and introduce your laptop data at the "Popular support tools" section to locate the drivers.
  • pick a part
  • rumor touch
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment