Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How do I complete a total system restore on my dell inspiron e1705 laptop?

How do I complete a total system restore on my dell inspiron e1705 laptop? Details please, just don't tell me to use my CD... I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff, and there is no restore point to set it to..... Thanks for your help :)How do I complete a total system restore on my dell inspiron e1705 laptop?Give more info, does it have XP or Vista. If it is XP you can press CTRL+F11 at boot and it takes you to a Dell Restore screen, that is if your restore partition is intact, if it is not then you have to load from scratch and use the product key on the bottom of the laptop. If it is Vista, press F8 at boot, go the the boot menu and go to the Repair your computer, from there it should say something about restoring to defaults. But I think this model has XP, so just do the CTRL+F11 deal and follow the prompts. Make sure you download all the XP Service Packs and updates after wards.How do I complete a total system restore on my dell inspiron e1705 laptop?I am not sure if they do it with dell laptops, but newer dell desktops have a restore partition built in. I believe its F12 or shift+ F12 when you start it up. It takes just minutes and it goes back to factory settings.

If you don't have this partition but have a CD throw the CD in and reboot the system, it should launch itself , you basically just follow the prompts. Just remember either way you will lose all the information on your system.

Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment